Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"There's a hurricane a comin'!"

The whispering rain and over drawn clouds have visited.
My back and knees feel it.
Man I'm getting old.
My early morning coffee routine has now been accompanied by
a chill in my bones...it tells me about the 60% precipitation forecast.
Do I really need a weatherman(ok...er...weather woman) to really tell
me what my body already knows?
Is this the epitome of the degradation of my youth flown by?
As Sophia Petrillo once said,
"There's a hurricane a comin'!
Gladys Goldstein felt it in her knees!
I'm telling you Dorothy, there's a hurricane a comin'!"
(Golden Girls, Season 2, Disc 2)

With this lesson, I've learned that I'm becoming (or have become) a human barometer.

Oh the joys I look forward to of my journey through "maturation".

This goes to prove our natural innate attribute we all have with nature...and life, in general.
Why do we, as human beings, ignore what's a comin' in our direction in life?
We are given all the signs.
We are given all the internal tell-tell signs, yet we almost refuse to acknowledge it.
If we used our natural gifts that were given to us, we can avoid the storms that are
a comin' in our lives.
Of course, this my own perspective.
But then again, who am I to tell you this bit of information?
You already know.
Why ignore the signs of the storm?
There's a hurricane a comin'...
What are you doing to prepare for it?

No comments: