Saturday, August 18, 2007

Coffee and Cigarettes...

The title says it all...coffee and cigarettes.
This is my morning routine.
I wake up and make coffee, making sure I time it to be done while
I go use the bathroom (my morning delight to relieve pressure).
Upon return of the fresh brewed coffee, I retrieve my pack of Camel
Lights and then go ponder about life and the day to come on the patio
of my apartment (which is shared with my best friend and her sister).
My apartment...almost a laugh in my face, but an experience of love and
friendship at the same time. You see, my part of the apartment consists
of the dining turned into a make-shift studio bedroom--right next to the
kitchen and living room.
I am not upset by my living situation, or the lack of privacy.
It is actually a moment of humility and humbleness.
It is a reminder of what I have, and yet others lack.
A place to call home and to rest my weary head at night.
Thanks to coffee and cigarettes, I have two well known addictions to fall
back own to help satiate this feeling of being an unknown financial
underachiever.
Sometimes, I look at my friends and their financial rewards they receive
(they do not boast of it to me, but rather share their life's experiences)
and wonder why they would befriend someone of my nature...and not look
down upon my circumstances of life which has brought me to this place...
my milestone in life.
My life exists beyond my physical situation in life.
I am thankful.
Thankful for many things.
My life has a craving. A craving outside of this realm of life that I am
currently in.
I'm taking a trip. A trip across the country. A trip to know myself and life
better. A spiritual journey, if you will. A journey that I would love to share with you,
if you will let me.
Come October, I will be sharing my life through photo's, videos, and blogs of my
journey. I know this journey might be scary to some people, but I welcome it
with open arms. My answers to life will come to me. Answers will be revealed,
and I'm nervous of what questions in my head might be answered.
I welcome these answers openly.
I am a Gay Man on a journey.
A journey followed by coffee and cigarettes.
What vices do you have to appease your physical host known as your body?
Share with me.
I want to know.

2 comments:

DAVIDLAND said...

wow..baby your blogs are so deep and so spiritually connected to you...i am honored that you are taking the time to share them..I'm so proud of the person you are, I dont care if your rich or poor I still love you with all my heart, and will stand by you thru it all. now...with that being said.stop smoking...its your vessel...make the planning of your journey be your vice..and be happy baby..always be happy with all your choices in life...only then will you find peace of mind...remember I love you very much! David

April said...

My downfall is also coffe and cigarettes. First thing in the morning.To get a gough out of myself, though, I have to watch something funny like "Liar, Liar." I can't wait to see the pictues, tec. that bring from your journey. It's going to be interesting!!