Friday, August 24, 2007

Hey Guys. What's going on? What are we talking about?

I have recently learned that I am a naturally "Have to know what's going on" type of person.
It started out as a joke...
And then this phrase hit me.
Whenever I would come upon someone talking...
I would always smile and say, "Hey Guys. What's going on? What are we talking about?"
After I recently learned that I use this expression often,
it took so much constraint for me not to use that expression.
My thing is...yeah...I guess I'm nosey, so to speak. BUT...I HAVE TO KNOW!
I don't like the feeling of being left out and not knowing the details....

Isn't funny how we don't realize our every day expressions that we use?
It's not that we are oblivious to our usage of the phrase, but that we don't recognize that we use it.
Self recognition of our every day habits and phrase are hard to realize.
For instance, I am a creature of habit:
I wake up and start my coffee
I check my cell phone for missed calls and text messages
I use the bathroom and rinse my mouth out
Drink my coffee on the patio
Check my e-mail, surf the net, write my blog
I wait for my phone call from friends
Shit, Shave and Shower...
Stop by the 7-11 for a large Red Bull
And I start my day...
When I get home...I always go for the mailbox first...and then get to my
apartment, and then jump on the computer, do some reading...drink some wine...
and finish off my day with my best friend and roomie.

I think it's a hoot how other people recognize our idiosyncrasies, and yet we (as individuals) don't know it.

With this, comes ownership. We all have to able to take ownership over our own habits, which is sometimes the hardest thing to do. It takes a "big person" to able to hear the recognition of habits and verbal usage, and to say...ok...hmm..."what's up with that?"

What are your habits and idiosyncrasies that you have learned about yourself? I so want to know.
Hey Guys. What's going on? What are we talking about??

1 comment:

April said...

OMG!!! You absolutely hit it!! After reading this blog, I sat back and thought a minute about my little daily habits, and I realized that I do the same things everyday. In fact, if certain things aren't done in order, I feel like it's going to be a bad day. But it's all habits that make me feel good inside, like that first cup of coffee in the morning. My routine also varies on the weekend. I like to get up earlier than everyone else and watch a movie before the day starts. I have little changes through the Holidays. Around Halloween, I'll switch from coffee to those instant capucinnos (however, you spell it) because I feel special when I do that. I don't know why. Right now it's Sat. and I am on schedule. I have watched Lethal Weapon 2 this morning, and now I'm doing my usual surfing of the Internet. Strange huh??